Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM PDT / 1:00 PM EDT
This hands-on lab session will introduce users to the key aspects of F5 NGINX running on the OpenShift platform. Users will gain familiarity with F5 NGINX and its value as a per-application ADC within an OpenShift environment and understand the key differences between open-source NGINX and F5 NGINX. We will also explore how F5 NGINX in combination with OpenShift can provide a production-grade deployment. In addition, users will have hands-on experience in the following:
- Understand the F5 NGINX Kubernetes (K8s) Ingress Controller (KIC) operator and how to deploy seamlessly from the OpenShift console.
- How to utilize both the OpenShift default ingress and F5 NGINX KIC ingress in the same environment.
- How to provide per-app monitoring and load balancing in a cluster environment.
- Advanced app-centric configuration - Use role-based access control (RBAC) and self-service to set up security guardrails (not gates), so teams can manage their apps securely and with agility. Enable multi-tenancy, reusability, simpler configs, and more.
- Visibility and performance monitoring - Pinpoint undesirable behaviors and performance bottlenecks to simplify troubleshooting and make fixes faster.
IMPORTANT: This lab will be in beta for this session on July 12th. If you are interested in attending the official session, register for the July 19th session here.
The successful completion of this F5 Test Drive Accreditation Lab results in earning a Certificate of Completion Digital Badge.