January 5, 2016 – Businesses today are increasingly moving application workloads to the cloud to address shifting demands, speed deployment, and minimize costs with utility billing. While there are many benefits to using the public cloud, organizations also have concerns about maintaining the same security, performance, and availability they’ve achieved in their data centers.
In August 2015, F5 launched the F5 Ready program, which verifies BIG-IP virtual editions within leading cloud provider environments to make it easier for customers to build new apps or migrate existing apps to the public cloud environment of their choice. Today, F5 announced the addition of three cloud service provider partners to the program: Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions (CBTS), Revera, and Zettagrid.
“Moving to the cloud is easier when companies know their critical application delivery services are available to support their business applications. We’re energized by the early customer feedback we’ve received about the F5 Ready program, particularly for how it enables business agility and choice,” said Alex Rublowsky, vice president of licensing and new business models at F5. “Adding F5 application delivery services to these new cloud providers extends that choice, and further helps F5 achieve our goal of meeting customers where they are going.”
In addition to the assurance of F5’s verification process, the F5 Ready program provides customers with flexible licensing and usage models:
- Bring Your Own License (BYOL) is portable, making it easy to extend existing BIG-IP virtual edition investments across cloud environments.
- F5’s Cloud Licensing Program enables utility billing (pay-as-you-go) and annual subscriptions to support temporary deployments (like app development and testing) for customers who prefer an OpEx model.
- F5 Volume Licensing Subscription (VLS) is a subscription licensing option for volume deployments, offering cost savings of up to 67% with BIG-IP virtual editions.
More Info and Availability:
- About the F5 Ready program
- Full partner list: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bluelock, BT, Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions, Cisco Intercloud, Datacom, Dimension Data, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, Revera, SingleHop, Skytap, VMware vCloud Air, and Zettagrid
- F5 Cloud Migration Reference Architecture
- F5 & Cloud Computing
- Please contact a local F5 sales office for additional product and service availability information pertaining to specific countries