F5 and Red Hat partner closely to automate, scale, and secure application workloads across multi-cloud environments. In fact, F5 is the recommended ADC solution for customers using Red Hat Kubernetes and DevOps solutions.
So, how does the Red Hat and F5 partnership benefit your organization?
Red Hat and F5 work together to develop products and technologies that help your organization:
Red Hat’s OpenShift Container Platform enables the provisioning and deployment of an application infrastructure to support development architectures. You can seamlessly plug in BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) into the OpenShift Container Platform, laying the groundwork for advanced application delivery.
Simplify orchestration and configuration management of network devices across cloud environments. Ansible’s agentless architecture doesn’t require that you install additional software on BIG-IP devices. And it automates every stage of the deployment process—from licensing through application deployment.
The combination of F5 Advanced WAF and OpenShift provides your organization with a comprehensively secure application environment. As apps increasingly make full use of APIs for automation and configuration changes, securing APIs is an essential for any IT organization. F5 and OpenShift ’s integrated solution provide that functionality.
Organizations can use F5 virtual network functions (VNFs) in combination with Red Hat OpenStack for their service provider clouds. F5 BIG-IP products are available as VNFs that can connect to 40 Gbps per instance.
Scale, automate, and secure tier 1 applications in a containerized OpenShift or Kubernetes environment.
• Consistent application services from application development/test to production.
• Automated container management.
• High-performance applications.
• Application scale and performance.
• Simplified, automated deployment of advanced ADC services.
Fully automate and control both network ADC resources and storage, application, and server resources.
F5 BIG-IP VE or hardware and Ansible Modules with AS3.
• An end-to-end “infrastructure as code” environment.
• Over 105 modules of BIG-IP and Ansible to fully automate F5 ADC services.
• Enable DevOps to use BIG-IP in their automation toolchain .
• Use Ansible security roles to automate advanced security policies.
Deploy high-performance, secure NFV solutions for telcos and service providers.
F5 BIG-IP NFV Solutions and Red Hat OpenStack.
• High-performance BIG-IP VEs scale to upwards of 40 Gbps.
• Integrated VNF Manager provides simplified deployment.
• NFV solution packages are validated on the Red Hat OpenStack platform for additional customer confidence.